As Manchester’s hair colour specialists, we know that there isn’t a one-size-fits-all formula for your hair needs. But there is one sure thing when it comes to hair, professional Salon products are best! We are going to tell you why and how you should be using these products, and why you will love your hair, and it will love you back (unconditionally) in no time. McCrory hair is on the case!
We understand the importance of maintaining your great style, texture and condition of your hair. At McCrory Hair, we offer fantastically creative and progressive techniques and services, and being such an authority on this, we have decided to share the love and information for the benefit of all.
Chemist products vs Salon Products
We all love the shampoos and conditioners from the shops. They are affordable, easy to use, and they all have great scents. From delicious strawberry to mouth-watering pineapple and watermelon! How can you refuse that?
But such products come at an extra price, such as when they rudely strip the natural oils from your hair and leave your precious locks full of many unnecessary chemicals.
Fillers in cheap hair products make your hair feel soft but leave behind waxy substances. They are full of artificial substances that give the impression of healthy hair, but instead it is all a lie!
Professional Products are better
Well, this is hardly a surprise I know. But let’s go into detail as to why and how these fancy bottles can give your hair that special feeling.
They contain high grade ingredients. Salon hair products contain higher concentrations of the essential ingredients, meaning you don’t need to use as much on your hair. This means the price is balanced out, and salon products last longer, and your hair benefits and appreciates that extra love and care.
Professional products are gentler and more suited to your hair. When you use store products, you are much more likely to damage your hair than help it in the long run. It is important to look after your hair.
What’s more, is they guarantee results. Salon and professional grade products are catered and customized to your hair type, whereas store bought products are a gamble on something that may or may not give you the results you want for your specific lifestyle, hair type, hairstyle, hair density and more. This is because you’re not getting the personal 1-2-1 advice that a professional hairdresser can give you.
Here are some links to recommended products:
- Biolage Hydrasource Shampoo: Inspired by the ever-hydrated, never dry aloe plant, Biolage Hydra source Shampoo helps optimize moisture balance and protect against future damage for healthy looking hair. Paraben-free formula is also suitable for color-treated and natural hair.
- Matrix Biolage Full Density Conditioner: Pump up the volume with the Full Density Conditioner from Matrix Biolage. Fortified with a hydrating blend of Biotin, Zinc PCA and Gluco-Omega to deeply nourish and thicken each strand from root to tip, the weightless conditioning formula leaves you with full-bodied, luscious locks. Ideal for fine, flat and thin hair, its body-boosting blend reduces breakage and inspires healthy-looking, radiant hair with every use.
- Matrix Biolage Keratin Dose Conditioner: Matrix Biolage Advanced Keratindose Conditioner for Overprocessed Hair. Moisturizes and smoothes over-processed hair to nourish and help prevent damage while keeping hair silky and manageable. No sulfates. No parabens. No harsh salts. Hair is 90% more conditioned after one use.
Caring for your hair:
Choose Your hair products wisely. Coloured hair can over time dry out and fade without the correct professional hair products. Choosing the best shampoos and conditioners for hydration is vital if you want your hair colour to last!
Sulphates are bad! They can strip your hair of all its natural oils, which can cause your hair to look more and more frizzy and dull without shine. So first, find a great sulphate free shampoo, click here for some ideas.
- ROCK IT TEXTURE SHAMPOO: Shampoo with Polymers, helps boost structure to short and wavy hair for style definition*.Hair is structured and primed for lasting styles.*When using the system of shampoo, conditioner, leave-in cream.
- Trepadora Avocado Kokum Curl Defining Smoothie: Offered in the Salon at McCrory hair, this moisturising leave-in formula that enhances your natural curl pattern for weightless definition and a healthy, frizz-free appearance.
- Nanokeratin service : Also offered in our salons, this is an advanced innovative series for a safe Bond Reformation and soft hair Smoothing service, having 0% Formaldehyde and Aldehyde.
- BIOLAGE ADVANCED KERATINDOSE: Formulas with pro-keratin + silk provide targeted reinforcement and moisture balance to over-processed hair. Damaged, over-processed and unconditioned hair can feel brittle, lacking manageability and shine. Formulated with Pro-Keratin and Silk, Keratindose Conditioner is targeted to help care for over-processed, weak or fragile hair.
Cheap Products effect our environment:
You may have heard a lot lately, that cheap products are damaging to the environment. This is true, because we use them much faster, using more filler chemicals washing down the drain and back out into the environment. Professional grade brands go the extra mile to consider the impact their products have on the environment. So, that is something to keep in mind. If you buy a salon and professional grade product, you are having a positive impact on the environment.
In conclusion, store bought products have their pros and cons, but ultimately it is the health of your hair and environment that should win over and take the priority. And so, it is worthwhile spending that little bit of extra cash to get that result and healthy head of hair you have always wanted.
Salon customers who colour and chemically treat their hair have an extra reason to choose salon products. The alcohols and low-quality cleaners in drug-store shampoos dry out hair and will strip the dye, which quickly leads to dull, washed out colour and more trips to the salon. For clients looking to save some money, investing in salon shampoos and conditioners will save them a lot of money further down the road.
As a conclusion, whether salon products are worth it is up to the customer, however there’s no doubt that professional shampoos, conditioners, and styling products will create healthier hair and happier clients.
What’s your choice? Have you tried in-salon hair care products?
We would like to know your opinion, so please get in touch with us and share your thoughts by sending us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
So, there you have it.
Keep in mind the essentials: conditioning your hair often, combing correctly and using the best products! With all these considered you can pull off your fabulous style confidently everyday.
Follow us on Instagram for the latest news and updates: McCrory Hair
If you have some ideas, or would like some extra tips, don’t hesitate to contact us at:
Call us on 0161 273 3330
Or make a booking with us today, for a professional service: Book a hair specialist